The Transportation Applications Section processes all applications for Warrant Authority. This includes general commodity haulers (gravel haulers), transportation of cadavers, hazardous materials, vanpools, charter bus services (tour) and towing services. The section continuously monitors all warrant holders to ensure compliance. The Transportation Application Section also manages the Unified Carrier Registration System, monitoring motor carriers who transport for-hire on an interstate basis. The section ensures that all registered Motor Carriers are in full compliance with Federal Motor Carrier Act requirements, collects and accounts for registration fees, and distributes fees to the agency and participating states. Compliance Bureau
The Transportation Compliance Bureau is responsible for enforcing the provisions of the New Mexico Motor Carrier Act, and the New Mexico State Corporation Commission, Motor Transportation, Ambulance and Medical Rescue Service rules. In addition, the Bureau:
- Processes applications for Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity and Motor Carrier permits.
- Investigates complaints brought against motor carriers who have received a Certificate of Public Convenience and Necessity, or a Permit, for taxi, limousine, shuttle service, tour and sightseeing service, vanpools and ambulance service, etc.
- Conducts periodic audits of these entities regarding business records, vehicle safety, insurance requirements and tariffs.
- Is responsible for motor carriers that have received Warrant Authority from the Commission, such as general commodity haulers (gravel haulers), transportation of cadavers, hazardous materials, vanpools, charter bus services (tour) and towing services.
- Investigates complaints brought against these types of motor carriers and conducts periodic audits regarding business records, vehicle safety, insurance requirements and tariffs.
- Conducts periodic safety inspections of Railroad Crossings and Operation practices, and performs on-call investigations of accidents occurring in these areas