Insurance Bureaus >> Agent Licensing Bureau >> Info/Alerts & Definitions
Info/Alerts & Definitions
Licensing Information and Alerts
NOTICE TO BAIL BOND AGENT AND SOLICITOR APPLICANTS - FINGERPRINT CARDS
New Mexico Insurance Division Announces New Licensing Exam Vendor
Effective July 25, 2008, licensing examinations will be administered by our new testing vendor, Prometric. Licensing exams will continue to be given by Pearson VUE until the end of business on July 11, 2008. Licensing exams will not be available during the transition period of July 12th thru July 24th.
Effective July 9, 2008, license applications and licensing payments will only be processed by Prometric. Pearson VUE will continue to process applications and payments until June 20, 2008. If you do not think that your application package will reach Pearson VUE by June 20th, please send it to the new vendor Prometric at the address below. Packages received at Pearson VUE after June 20, 2008 will be mailed to Prometric. This will delay the processing of your application.
Beginning July 9th, license applications and payments should be mailed to the Prometric address listed below. Questions concerning application status may be directed to Pearson VUE until the end of business on July 11, 2008. Please contact Diana Montijo at 1-800-204-6195.
Beginning on July 9, 2008, please direct your inquiries to Prometric at 1-888-717-2557.
2538 Camino Entrada
Santa Fe, NM 87507
Notice to All Business EntitiesNotice of Delay in Processing License Applications and Affiliations for Business Entities
Delay in processing license applications, affiliations and renewals for all business entities is due to changes in affiliation appointment fees. The change has caused a delay in processing of all business entity license applications, renewals, and appointment of new affiliates. We should resume processing on June 2, 2008.
Notice to All Business Entities
Affiliate appointment Fee Change
Effective immediately, the fee to affiliate appointment an agent/broker/solicitor changed to $23.00 per line of business pursuant to NMSA 59A-6-1-E. Example If the producer is licensed for Life, the affiliate appointment fee is $23.00. If the producer is licensed for Life and Variable, the appointment fee is $46.00.
Electronic Non Resident Business Entity Renewals
The New Mexico Insurance Division will provide electronic license renewal processing for non-resident business entities through NIPR (National Insurance Producer Registry). Renewals will be available on the NIPR website from April 25, 2008 through May 31, 2008. The NIPR website link is: http://www.nipr.com/
All affiliate appointment terminations (form 202B) must be submitted to the New Mexico Insurance Division, Agent Licensing Bureau by close of business April 18, 2008, or they will be included in the renewal fees. The renewal application fee cannot be altered and the business must make payment for the full amount of the renewal. A 50% late fee will apply to payments received between June 1, 2008 and June 30, 2008.
- Affiliate appointments made after March 1st will not be included on the 2008 renewal.
- Appointees who are not CE compliant will not be on the renewal list.
- Affiliate appointments not renewed before June 30, 2008 will be cancelled
- Business Entity Affiliate Licensing Renewal and NIPR processing fees are non-refundable.
- New Mexico does not issue refunds.
- Payments received after June 30, 2008 will not be accepted.
- Help screens and customer support contacts are available.
- NAIC Help Desk 816-783-8500 - problems navigating the electronic renewal application.
- NIPR Customer Service 816-783-8468 – Any problem other than online renewal screens.
Forms are available here.
Affiliate appointment Fee Change
- The affiliate appointment fee has changed to $23.00 per line of business pursuant to NMSA 59A-6-1-E.
- All license renewals (with the exception for Motor Clubs-due in December and Consultants-due every two years) are sent out in March and are due by April 30th of every year.
- Agent licenses are perpetual and must maintain at least one company appointment to remain active. Should an agent go longer than 60 days without an appointment, the license will be automatically terminated. Appointment renewals are due in March of every year.
- If you are moving to New Mexico and wish to be licensed in this state, you must cancel your existing license in your home state.
If there are any questions regarding the exam please contact Promissor at(505)-438-4664.
- Anyone who files for Bankruptcy must submit copies of the Discharge of Debtor and the Schedule of Debts when submitting an application.
- Anyone who has Child Support Cases must submit an original Certificate of Compliance from the Human Services Department when submitting an application.
- NM Statute 59A-11-10-C Licensing Procedures
- NM Statute 59A-6-1 Fee Schedule
All fees are earned when paid and are not refundable.
Terms and Definitions
- NMPRCID New Mexico Public Regulation Commission Insurance Division
- CE Continuing Education
- TPA Third Party Administrator
- SPL Surplus Lines
- NIPR National Producer Insurance Registry
- PDB Producer Data Base
- NAIC National Association Insurance Commissioners
- NASD National Association Securities Division
- CRD Central Registration Depository
- NPN National Producer Number